Social networks are an excellent catalyst for the success of your business in an online environment since most people maintain an account on at least one popular platform. Therefore, using all the possibilities of online resources, you will be able to increase your target audience and get new customers, partners and investors. However, even with well thought out and attractive content, you need to take into account some of the nuances that will help achieve a better result. These features include the time when you publish your content. Moreover, each social network has its best and worst time zones. You will learn about them more deeply in this article.
So, when is the best time to post new posts?
Unfortunately, there is no universal answer since each social network has its own specifics, on the basis of which it is possible to get approximate statistics. Therefore, to reach the most effective result, you need to work with several platforms, taking into account users’ activity at different times of the day. For example, Twitter is in high demand at 6 PM, while on Pinterest the good time starts at 2 AM.
Of course, this is not the only ideal time, as you need to rely on several inputs at once, on which the effectiveness of publishing new content depends directly. Therefore, you should consider:
- your chosen social network,
- your target audience,
- user activity,
- time zone,
- marketing goals.
In any case, you will not have to carry out the analysis yourself because the experts have already taken care of this, having generated data on the best time for publishing on the most popular social platforms into a convenient system. Moreover, the main industries and their trends, which have a direct impact on the statistics, were investigated. These industries include:
- higher education,
- business to consumer,
- business to business,
- health care.
Also, one of the main elements is the time zone, which also needs to be taken into account, especially when it comes to big business, covering large sections of the audience. The growth of the interested users causes some difficulties since clearer calculations are necessary in order to optimize the framework for publishing new content, and at the same time, not to lose some of the audience.
Let’s start by looking at the United States of America. About 50% of the country’s population lives in the Eastern Time Zone, while about 25% of the population is in the Central Time Zone. Thus, if you want to cover all 75% of the population, you will have to publish content on zonality in turn. Below you will find more details.
The same applies to the audience outside the United States of America. When targeting European users, you need to know more about their preferences regarding social networks. Your future strategy and overall success will depend on this data.
1. Instagram best time posting
Instagram is designed for convenient sharing of photo and video content from mobile devices, as it is more convenient and modern – in fact, almost all people have mobile devices that are always somewhere behind. About 60% of people in the United States use Instagram every day. At first glance, it seems that this social network demonstrates higher rates of attendance outside working hours. However, this is not the case.
- For most industries, the best time to post new content on Instagram is 1:00 PM and 5:00 PM. This time is distinguished by the fact that most users have free lunchtime or are nearing completion of the standard working day.
- Organizations related to the business to business area can expect success and high user interest from 12:00 – 1:00 PM, 5:00 – 6:00 PM, and also from 8:00 – 9:00 PM. Such intervals are due to the availability of free time from work or household chores.
- It was also noted that Friday is the best day for receiving a large number of social signals on Instagram.
2. Facebook best time posting
Facebook is a universal social network that is actively used both at home and at work. Moreover, users log in to their accounts both from a mobile application and from a stationary computer, so everything depends on the audience to which you are aimed.
- For most industries, the best time to post new content o Facebook is at 9:00 AM. People start their working day and use various online resources, including visiting this social network.
- The next period of user activity falls on the lunch break, which usually lasts from 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- If you go to get user attention for the development of organizations related to software, business to business, business to consumer, and so on, then happy hours start at 3:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Also, note that it’s best to publish new content from Thursday to Sunday.
3. Twitter best time posting
Twitter, like Facebook, is popular both from different devices, be it a desktop computer or some kind of portable device, and is used in a work or home environment. It all comes down to your preferences and target audience. At the same time, keep in mind that most users view Twitter as a rich site summary (RSS) source and resort to using it when they have free time – on their way to work, at lunchtime, while waiting in a queue, etc.
- For maximum coverage of users, it is recommended to tweet from 8:00 – 10:00 AM, and also from 6:00 – 9:00 PM since these time zones most activity fall due to morning and evening crossings from and to the workplace.
- Organizations related to business to consumer can easily upload new content from 8:00 – 10:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and from 7:00 – 9:00 PM, and be confident in receiving high clickthrough rates.
- For those who want to increase the number of retweets and clickthroughs, need to post new tweets around noon or from 5:00 – 6:00 PM.
- Companies engaged in business to consumer should give preference to weekends while business-to-business organizations are better off creating fresh content on weekdays. If you think that this is a confluence of circumstances, then you are mistaken because everything is more than logical: at work, people make business purchases, and during leisure, they think about what they need to buy for the house.
4. LinkedIn best time posting
About ¼ adults in the United States are actively using LinkedIn. Mainly to demonstrate their professional skills, to make a job search or find new employees and all these are done almost always during working hours on the weekdays. This social network is less popular than the others described in this article, however, it is also very important.
- The most optimal time for new publications is from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
- Companies associated with the media, business to consumer, and higher-level organizations should fall into clearly defined time zones in order to get maximum coverage. These times are 8:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM.
- Despite the active use of LinkedIn on weekdays, the middle of the week – Wednesday, is the most successful day for making better contact with the platform community.
5. Pinterest best time posting
The social network Pinterest is more popular with female users. Also, about 29% of all users constantly show high activity, surfing the platform daily.
- It was noted that time periods from 2:00 – 4:00 AM and from 8:00 – 11:00 PM are the most productive. Such strange periods are indicated by the fact that Pinterest is popular in non-North American time zones. In turn, this suggests that global content is a priority.
- Compared to other platforms that we discuss in this article, Pinterest is not the best option for publishing content while travelling to and from work. Most likely, this is due to the fact that this channel is less “browseable” since some pins require additional external navigation, and this is not very convenient.
Now you are aware of the main features of the most frequently used social networks, which you can actively implement to improve such indicators as the frequency of visits, the degree of involvement and users’ activity, taking into account the relationship with the time of day and days of the week. However, do not forget to prioritize your target audience and content direction. Because, for example, if you create weekly content that you publish exclusively on Thursday at 6:00 PM, and your audience knows about it and waits for this moment, then all the above nuances lose their power since you have already created an excellent symbiosis trust and reached 100% mutual understanding with your fans. In that case, just keep doing what you are doing and find new sources of inspiration, implementing your ideas and achieving your goals.
We wish effective pinning, posting, and tweeting to all of you!